Drop rate of items

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop rate of items

I am extremely displeased with the new rate at which items drop. Dr. Beaker claimed that it was an anomaly to that I got "rare" items but I get thousands of items a star.... I got 50-100 tomes/orbs in a star that's 100 out of 5-8 THOUSAND items.... Now I get TWO out of 5-8 THOUSAND I want the old rate because it was FINE

I think the balance is hard because of spirits that effect item drop rate. For a new player, having reduced drops will hurt a lot, because they can't afford those spirits, but for myself, I have Rhann who increases silver enemy chance by 10%, Kwull who increases item drop chance by 5%, and Manos who makes it 25% chance to get double the items from a drop. If you balance for new players, then high level players get 1000s of these items, and if you balance for high level players, new players get almost nothing. Add in the fact that high level players already defeat enemies are increasingly higher rates per reset, and the balance gets even harder.

Comment

• sjr1219
      sjr1219 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also use Rhan Kwull and Manos yet I did NOT get "thousands" of orbs/tomes in a run. I got roughly 100(combined) out of 4800(as an extremely rough estimate) items in one run. 100 out of 4800 is not a lot!
      100 out of 4800 is 2.0833333333333% hardly a game breaking earnings rate!
      Last edited by sjr1219; September 14th, 2017, 05:23 PM. Reason: Adding a calculation

• Dr. Beaker
      Dr. Beaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, it is. With these items you can't simply look at their ratio compared to total items dropped. It's more about how *powerful* each of these items are in the grand scheme of things. Hero Quests / Weapon Enchants are permanent, and they stack. There are also Spirits that magnify how powerful *each* Quest / Enchant is. These are powerful upgrades, that over time allow you to get over the natural hurdles of the game.

• sjr1219
      sjr1219 commented
      Editing a comment
      So if 2.0833333333333% is game breaking what's considered a "healthy" drop rate?

This is why they sell hero and enchant packs xD

Comment

• Dr. Beaker
      Dr. Beaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, yes. Beyond that, we specifically price them for Gems meaning you can earn them in-game by playing. It's why we have Time Gates tuned the way we do, allowing for healthy Gem gain. These packs are designed to give you something to spend those Gems on and grow your power.

Thank you for pointing this out DMP.

Perhaps instead of incredibly poor random drops( 2 percent is nothing yet you somehow made it WORSE) You don't take into account Spirits/summon effects! The point of summons is to make the game EASIER changing the base line because the summons do their job is ridiculous!

Comment

I personally have not gotten 1 glimmering orb since the update, just happy I had items hoarded so not impacted by this yet! Glad i resisted the temptation to buy the gold boots, I would run out of orbs pretty dang fast and they would go to waste.
      Last edited by DMP; September 18th, 2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Oran of Urz
        Oran of Urz commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to agree. Since the update, the premium boots are no longer as prized as they used to be (since you don't gain enough rares at a pace to justify the instant quest completion).

Which really irritates me I paid a good deal of money for the boots and they are now utterly useless if I am LUCKY to get ONE set of complete quest materials in a day. If the rates are going to be so bad I should get my money back for the plaitnum boots! I hardly need an instant finish if it takea a day for a quest to finish AND a day to aquire the materials!

Comment

• AnnBy
        AnnBy commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the gold boots and I still have tons of orbs (500ish), so I'm assuming you had been able to power through those quests before it was adjusted. Though I'd not be happy, in actuality you have benefited from them.

I am sick of people telling me I had gone through massive numbers of quests. I have done 1266 quests. Since I started playing in MAY that's five months that's around 250 a month hardly a massive number! Frankly I am NOT benefiting from the boots I did not pay 40 dollars for a now defunct and USELESS ability! There's pay to win and apparently now there's pay to get screwed over because you weren't ever actually SUPPOSED to be able to use that function PROPERLY

Comment

• EmmalineWillow
        EmmalineWillow commented
        Editing a comment
        When those of us who didn't buy the boots can do roughly 30 a month, I'd say you benefited from them.

If it's a permanent feature that can no longer be used/advantageous I am NOT benefiting from it I did NOT pay 40 dollars to RENT something

Comment

I can not imagine how anyone new to the game is coping honestly has to take forever to get through stars, I guess this is the point? IDK, but it seems to me that too much struggle will cause people to give up sooner rather than later. Perhaps the nerf was just too deep and needs to be dialed back a bit!

Comment

While I can't say I share sjr1219's animosity, they do raise a very good point. The questing boots were the only thing in the store I ever even considered buying. And I only considered buying them because of the number of questing items I was getting. If it had taken me a full day to get the ingredients, then obviously I would never have cared about waiting a full day for the quest to complete, and never would have considered the boots. By lowering the item drop rate you have essentially lowered the value of the boots. I realize items were never supposed to drop that often, and the boots were never supposed allow that many quests, but that's what people paid for. I only considered paying with the idea that I was going to be able to do 5 -10 quests a day. That's what I'm assuming other people paid for too, to be able to do several quests a day, and that's no longer what the boots do for them, that is not what they thought they were paying for.

As it is, I'm working through my hoarded items, and not really effected by the cut in drop rate so I'm pretty neutral on this whole thing, but if I had bought the boots you'd probably be hearing from me in all caps as well.

Comment

Do orbs drop at all anymore?

Comment

• Topaz
              Topaz commented
              Editing a comment
              My friend started the game after the drop rate update and has had two orbs drop after days of play. Those gems came from the daily bonus. Not a lot of gems and no way to really do anything, he is losing interest fast. I'm not seeing growth in the game and now that school has started there is a true lack of participation.
              I understand why you changed the drop rate. The problem I'm seeing is that you made a grinding game impossible to progress unless you play 24/7.
              Not a game people will pick back up during a break or after school. It just takes too much time to accomplish anything.
              I love the game and I'm not leaving, but it has slowed to a crawl.
              Last edited by Topaz; October 5th, 2017, 03:36 PM.

• AnnBy
              AnnBy commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it has been scaled back too much too. I get 1-2 orbs a level now (at level 44), plus the 2 for the guild rewards. I would hate to be starting now, and at the rate they are at, no one will ever need to buy boots. Mine are still quite useful due to having so many orbs saved up. I still say the orbs were fine, even if you'd cut them by half, it's the items to complete the quest that are rare (those final individual ones).

• Topaz
              Topaz commented
              Editing a comment
              I have 14 orbs. I didn't have spirits that doubled my drops or the one that gives more silver enemies.
              I'm not even getting one per level, maybe 1 every two to three levels. I just don't understand why when games try to fix problems they always take a all or nothing track. I've seen this in many game that fold within 6 months because it's to hard to move forward. Why stick with a game that makes itself harder. There are so many games coming out all the time. I started this one because I play wizard101, If not for that I would have moved on by now.

Originally posted by Topaz View Post
            Do orbs drop at all anymore?
            I’ll be honest that I haven’t noticed since I had so many saved up from before. But I don’t *think* I’ve gotten any since the update.
            Where to find me...
            EverClicker: EmmalineWillow (Star 45+ The Samoorai guild)
            Wizard 101: Emmaline Willowriver (120 Life--avoiding final battle), Taryn Willowsong (41 Balance)
            Pirate 101: Fair Melody Poole (52+ Privateer—active pirate), Clever Tara Oswald (40+ Muskateer—active pirate), Quirky Maeve Killerny (26+ Witchdoctor—active pirate), Fiery Emmaline Nightingale (8 Buccaneer), Insincere Fergus Jibly (1 Swashbuckler)

Comment

Can KI admit the cut in the rate was just too deep and dial this back a bit?

Comment

• Topaz
                Topaz commented
                Editing a comment
                That depends on the type of developers they are. Are they the I'm always right and I fixed a horrible mistake and will stand by it no matter what. Or are they the oops I maybe over did it so will balance it out.
                I've played a ton of games in my life and I have seen both.
                My friend list has a fast turnover, people just don't get very far. If you can't move up quickly in the early stages, who is going to stick around for the harder later stages?

I never had a ton of orbs. The gem rate drop may be fine for higher lvl players in good guilds If the gates are working, but lower lvl players that can't finish a gate don't get very many gems.

Comment

On 9-28 I started a new account using the phone that I stopped using a few months ago when I dropped my Go phone account after 10 years.

Ghost Walker got 1 orb drop at 0 star and none since then. I think I have had 2-3 manuals drop. 3 Gears of progress and 1 Power gem (reward not drop) and when I got to star 5 I got one Forged courage and Everspark to drop or as a reward. No crown of ages yet.

So all quests but 1 and all weapon upgrades have been bought or from rewards. With DarkHunter I had more drops at the lower levels and didn't have to keep earning gems just to spend them as soon as I got 500 or 750. I have to do this just to keep advancing. I can't earn enough gold to level up to defeat bosses. I would be stuck for days on each boss if I had to rely on gold only.

Now I am lucky and had a few guild members add Ghost Walker and I was able to join the guild. So I get a few gates a day that I know will be finished and that I will get the guild rewards every week. Most new or lower level players probably don't have this source of gems to buy the packs like I have been able to do. I also watch a ton of videos every day to earn 10 gems at a time and I am actively clicking to get the sparklies to earn the 5 gems and gold.

Another item that is really rare is the Iron Key. My Feast Hall is only at level 5. Most of the keys are gate rewards.

I am currently at star 5 stage 124. So far this week I have earned 294 guild points.

The only good thing is my cauldron is at level 54 from all that food.

I had planned to start a new thread with more detailed info but between my health issues and my dachshund finally dying on Friday after months of going down hill, I just don't feel up to putting much effort into anything.

Basically I think they reduced the drop rate way too much and that newer players won't stick it out past the first few stars.

Comment

• AnnBy
                  AnnBy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for posting this Dark Hunter. It seems like it was dialed back way too much. I just hope KI will dial up a bit more. The key is to balance things and whereas it was dropping too much of the orbs and manuals, it's hardly dropping them at all now. I probably get 2 (I'd have to not do quests for a week to see for sure) a star now of orbs, not counting my guild rewards or weekly log in prize, and for 900 levels that's really an extremely low rate. I don't know that I would stick with it with what you've posted either. Also, if you can't get in gates, you can't earn the gold you need to level up heroes to be able to advance (in addition to the gems needed).
              Working...
              X