Announcement

Collapse

Get Animal Cove on App Store or Google Play!

You can download Animal Cove today on the App Store or Google Play. Have fun exploring the island and playing exciting new match-3 levels!
See more
See less

Issue with THIS mobile forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Issue with THIS mobile forum

    So this forum is pretty good but there are some issues/questions:
    Issues:
    1) Why can't we know WHO liked our post?
    2) replies (comments) to posts can't get likes or further direct replies/comments. so if you reply to my post and I want to reply back, how do I do that? make another comment on my own post? If I like a particular comment how do I show that? If that comment debunks the post then I certainly don't want to 'like' the post but I can't like the comment directly.
    Questions:
    1) so I figured out how to 'tag' someone (e.g. Mobile Admin ) but what I don't know is what will that do? Does that person get an alert or does it just provide a link to that user's info page
    2) so each post shows the member name and 4 pieces of info about them: a title (e.g. "mobile player", "dedicated player", etc...), a progress bar, their join date, and the number of posts they have made. So
    a) what are the possible titles and how are they determined?
    b) what is that progress bar based on?
    c) I assume that number of posts is based on the entire KI mobile game forum and is not game specific are either the title or the progress bar game specific?

    thank you.

  • #2
    Originally posted by esmee View Post
    So this forum is pretty good but there are some issues/questions:
    Issues:
    1) Why can't we know WHO liked our post?
    2) replies (comments) to posts can't get likes or further direct replies/comments. so if you reply to my post and I want to reply back, how do I do that? make another comment on my own post? If I like a particular comment how do I show that? If that comment debunks the post then I certainly don't want to 'like' the post but I can't like the comment directly.
    Questions:
    1) so I figured out how to 'tag' someone (e.g. Mobile Admin ) but what I don't know is what will that do? Does that person get an alert or does it just provide a link to that user's info page
    2) so each post shows the member name and 4 pieces of info about them: a title (e.g. "mobile player", "dedicated player", etc...), a progress bar, their join date, and the number of posts they have made. So
    a) what are the possible titles and how are they determined?
    b) what is that progress bar based on?
    c) I assume that number of posts is based on the entire KI mobile game forum and is not game specific are either the title or the progress bar game specific?

    thank you.
    Great questions esmee! I'll respond to each below:

    1) Good question, this is built into vBulletin. I would like to know too!

    2) Another vBulleting limitation

    1) Yes, and thank you for the notice! Depending on their notifications settings, it may also send an email out to the user

    a) This is a linear progression we setup based on post count. This is easily modifiable... if you want to suggest a new order and titles that might be more fun, please do! They are central to all of our games though, so they can't be just about Animal Cove unfortunately.

    b) How well liked your posts are, basically

    c) Yes, as is many other centralized functions

    Comment


    • #3
      Ok so we know this forum is bugged and has issues with pictures. Does anyone have any tips on how to get images to upload?? I used to be able to post images and now it isn't working. By accident I was able to 'trick' the system to let me post an image by uploading attachment 1 then uploading attachment 2 and then when it didn't work I removed attachment 2 and it then let me post, but apparently only I can see that image. It's kind of had to post our accomplishments when we can't post an image.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by esmee View Post
        Ok so we know this forum is bugged and has issues with pictures. Does anyone have any tips on how to get images to upload?? I used to be able to post images and now it isn't working. By accident I was able to 'trick' the system to let me post an image by uploading attachment 1 then uploading attachment 2 and then when it didn't work I removed attachment 2 and it then let me post, but apparently only I can see that image. It's kind of had to post our accomplishments when we can't post an image.
        I'm taking a look at what's going on... has to be a simple permission issue that we're missing. The forum software is vBulletin and tends to come with a ton of repeated overlaying options that can sometimes lock up features like this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mobile Admin View Post

          I'm taking a look at what's going on... has to be a simple permission issue that we're missing. The forum software is vBulletin and tends to come with a ton of repeated overlaying options that can sometimes lock up features like this.
          OK I think I might know the answer. I think it is based on who created the thread. If I created the thread it appears I can upload images but if someone else created the thread I cannot.
          Hope that helps you find the forum setting that needs to get fixed.

          Comment


          • #6
            AND I found a work around. If I post an image anywhere on the site then I can use the web address to show that image in another post. So I COULD create a thread called esmee's uploads and just upload any picture I want to post in other threads there and then link the photos to the post in the thread I want it to show, but I doubt you really want that to happen so I hope you find the setting to fix

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by esmee View Post
              AND I found a work around. If I post an image anywhere on the site then I can use the web address to show that image in another post. So I COULD create a thread called esmee's uploads and just upload any picture I want to post in other threads there and then link the photos to the post in the thread I want it to show, but I doubt you really want that to happen so I hope you find the setting to fix
              That works! Not ideal obviously, but for now feel free to do so. I'm still trying to figure out why it's not working normally .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mobile Admin View Post

                I'm taking a look at what's going on... has to be a simple permission issue that we're missing. The forum software is vBulletin and tends to come with a ton of repeated overlaying options that can sometimes lock up features like this.
                If I post an image anywhere on the site then I can use the web address to show that image in another post Mobdro.

                Comment

                Working...
                X