Announcement

Collapse

Get Animal Cove on the App Store or Google Play!

You can download Animal Cove today on the App Store or Google Play. Have fun exploring the island and playing exciting new match-3 levels!
See more
See less

Issue with THIS mobile forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with THIS mobile forum

So this forum is pretty good but there are some issues/questions:
    Issues:
    1) Why can't we know WHO liked our post?
    2) replies (comments) to posts can't get likes or further direct replies/comments. so if you reply to my post and I want to reply back, how do I do that? make another comment on my own post? If I like a particular comment how do I show that? If that comment debunks the post then I certainly don't want to 'like' the post but I can't like the comment directly.
    Questions:
    1) so I figured out how to 'tag' someone (e.g. Mobile Admin ) but what I don't know is what will that do? Does that person get an alert or does it just provide a link to that user's info page
    2) so each post shows the member name and 4 pieces of info about them: a title (e.g. "mobile player", "dedicated player", etc...), a progress bar, their join date, and the number of posts they have made. So
    a) what are the possible titles and how are they determined?
    b) what is that progress bar based on?
    c) I assume that number of posts is based on the entire KI mobile game forum and is not game specific are either the title or the progress bar game specific?

thank you.

Originally posted by esmee View Post
    So this forum is pretty good but there are some issues/questions:
    Issues:
    1) Why can't we know WHO liked our post?
    2) replies (comments) to posts can't get likes or further direct replies/comments. so if you reply to my post and I want to reply back, how do I do that? make another comment on my own post? If I like a particular comment how do I show that? If that comment debunks the post then I certainly don't want to 'like' the post but I can't like the comment directly.
    Questions:
    1) so I figured out how to 'tag' someone (e.g. Mobile Admin ) but what I don't know is what will that do? Does that person get an alert or does it just provide a link to that user's info page
    2) so each post shows the member name and 4 pieces of info about them: a title (e.g. "mobile player", "dedicated player", etc...), a progress bar, their join date, and the number of posts they have made. So
    a) what are the possible titles and how are they determined?
    b) what is that progress bar based on?
    c) I assume that number of posts is based on the entire KI mobile game forum and is not game specific are either the title or the progress bar game specific?

thank you.
    Great questions esmee! I'll respond to each below:

1) Good question, this is built into vBulletin. I would like to know too!

2) Another vBulleting limitation

1) Yes, and thank you for the notice! Depending on their notifications settings, it may also send an email out to the user

a) This is a linear progression we setup based on post count. This is easily modifiable... if you want to suggest a new order and titles that might be more fun, please do! They are central to all of our games though, so they can't be just about Animal Cove unfortunately.

b) How well liked your posts are, basically

c) Yes, as is many other centralized functions

Comment

Working...
    X