Announcement

Collapse

Get Animal Cove on the App Store or Google Play!

You can download Animal Cove today on the App Store or Google Play. Have fun exploring the island and playing exciting new match-3 levels!
See more
See less

Club Leaders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Leaders

So, when clubs were started, I decided to make one, specifically for me and couple of friends. Imagine my surprise when my club filled up super fast. However, I've noticed that about half of my Clubs Members don't contribute anything. They don't use the the daily purple tickets to help the other club members, they don't seem to give hearts, and on the club member list they show as "Not Active". Is any one else having this problem? Should I drop them from the membership rolls and hope to get better members to join up? I've put up a notice on the message area that I will start tracking participation in January and may drop anyone who isn't contributing at least an occasional purple ticket game to the club. Otherwise, they are getting the weekly goodies and not contributing anything. And those who are making contributions are not going to ever get the 2nd and 3rd tier gifts because of the dead weight.

Any advice or similar issues?

same issue. i also posted a similar notice, but i started doing it the very next week.

Comment

• Momstable
      Momstable commented
      Editing a comment
      January *is* next week <grin>. But mostly I figure folks will be off their usual routine right now. If they play regularly, they might not be able to at the moment. If they don't play regularly, they might just see the message.

When you started dropping the non-participants, did you get a better crop of members afterward? Did the original membership start participating more regularly?

unfortunately i still have 5-6 each week that are not active. some new some old. haven't found that perfect group yet

Comment

• Momstable
      Momstable commented
      Editing a comment
      I think about 50% of the members are not actuvem with about 8-10 never having done anything since joining the club. Those are the ones I'm going to oust. Anyone who has done anything by way of activity will remain, but I'll start tracking.

• Yoshisan
      Yoshisan commented
      Editing a comment
      Esmee do you have a place for me in your club. As I said before I am going to quit my actuel club because 13 out of 25 never play never do anything. I PLAY many times à day, as soon as I have lives. I used to be VIP but I realized that my money profited to non players. If you or another serious club could ask me to join they will not be disapointed.
      Sorry for my english I am french. Have a good day.

Hi Momstable! I'm a guild leader (this is the community manager for the game), so I have quite a bit of experience in how guilds/groups/clubs work in general.

I can say that this is normal behavior. People come and go, and many that join a group will not contribute, or even not play the game a short time after joining.

The best way to combat this is to regularly recruit and keep in communications with your Club members as much as possible. Ask them what they are having fun doing in the game and see if you can support their efforts. Introduce them to this forum as well to help them keep in touch with the wider community.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Momstable
      Momstable commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I guess I really, deep down, understand this. I just wish it weren't so. Starting to trim out inactive members. Hoping for better ones.

Originally posted by Mobile Admin View Post
    Hi Momstable! I'm a guild leader (this is the community manager for the game), so I have quite a bit of experience in how guilds/groups/clubs work in general.

I can say that this is normal behavior. People come and go, and many that join a group will not contribute, or even not play the game a short time after joining.

The best way to combat this is to regularly recruit and keep in communications with your Club members as much as possible. Ask them what they are having fun doing in the game and see if you can support their efforts. Introduce them to this forum as well to help them keep in touch with the wider community.

Hope this helps!
    That would be great if only the chat feature was more user friendly (and wasn't broken - see my other post).

Comment

How can I leave a Club where 13 players are totally unactives. I play every Day I spent money virtual and real too. I would like to join an active one with a chance of upgrading. But first I don't know how to leave my actual club in order to join an active one. Please forgive my english

Comment

• esmee
        esmee commented
        Editing a comment
        this appears to be double posted but I'll copy my answer here too so you see it. In the club, the first page, which is the chat page, has a small button in the top right just below the red X. that button is the club membership list button and on that membership list page is a button to "leave" that club also

Sorry I realized that I first posted on the wrong page that is xhy I posted it here a second time. Thanks for the answer. Can I as you how I can choose à good Club with active members ☺

Comment

i don't have a good answer except join and try. i just opened a space in Unicorn Cupcake ..

Comment

• Yoshisan
          Yoshisan commented
          Editing a comment
          I Just joined

I’m looking for a club. (Never got around to making or joining one.) Very active player. :-) I’m Emmaline in the game.
        Where to find me...
        EverClicker: EmmalineWillow (Top 100 Leaderboard The Samoorai guild)
        Wizard 101: Emmaline Willowriver (120 Life—just started new world), Taryn Willowsong (41 Balance)
        Pirate 101: Fair Melody Poole (52+ Privateer—active pirate), Clever Tara Oswald (40+ Muskateer—active pirate), Quirky Maeve Killerny (26+ Witchdoctor—active pirate), Fiery Emmaline Nightingale (8 Buccaneer), Insincere Fergus Jibly (1 Swashbuckler)

Comment

• Alexandria
          Alexandria commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Emmaline, I’m Alexandria in EverClicker. I’m in the Mild Bunch guild here. It is a pretty active guild and I think you might like it. Spots usually open up on Sundays or Mondays.

I am going to add to this thread in complaints.

So since the launch of the guilds, I joined a random one and at first it was active but then it started dying; the original officers and guild leader left and I was stuck as being leader. I would had left to find a more active guild but...

as you can see here I've donated a lot of gold, basically doing the 50 gold per day thing and since leaving a guild doesn't bring the gold spent with you or given back; I've lost progression and a lot of my money. I can also see if that if gold was given back; I can see a lot of exploits that could be accomplished.

However...

The idea of reaching level 4 or level 7 guild level is unrealistic at this rate. As mentioned above, no one is contributing to the guild, not even doing the daily 12 hour gem ticket to get free tokens; and every week I am kicking out 5-10 members with new people quickly joining but not contributing at all for a full week. Some of them... that I believe are bots or multi-accounting are just sitting in the guild on purpose just to get the free benefits.

I really don't know what to do because I understand you don't want people to get the rewards that easy so they have more incentive to spend real money on it but at the same time; hard core players are being punished by the super casual players that just sit there and do nothing. Maybe add housing decorations or more animal outfit unlocks to add to the list to encourage players to dedicate to the guild?

This really is a major issue for guilds right now.

Comment

Hey Hunter, I have a very similar story. I joined a random clan and it wasn't very active and right when I was looking to leave and join a different clan I realized somehow I became the clan leader (that is bizarre). And I did a similar strategy and gave members targets to hit in order to not be kicked (they are rather easy if you play regularly). But this is where my story is different in that our clan is now thriving. We recently go level 2 and working our way towards level 3. We easily get the 3500 weekly mark and hoping to get the 6250 this week. I know we aren't the #1 club but I'm very happy with how will it has turned around and how will it is improving Now if only I could change the name of the club ...
          Well, it looks like tomorrow or the next day i will have to kick a couple more people so if you want to jump over, we always welcome active members. Look for the "Unicorn Cupcake" club.

Comment

• Momstable
            Momstable commented
            Editing a comment
            Could you give examples of typical targets?

• Alexandria
            Alexandria commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m looking to move to a more active clan. Is there a way to know if you have openings? I’m an active player who will contribute

• esmee
            esmee commented
            Editing a comment
            Alexandria there are openings right now.. unfortunately every week some fall off

In the Club page for Unicorn Cupcake i talk about a couple. The main goal is at least 100/weekly challenge. I then said >0 by Thur, >50 by Fri, >100 by Sat. I am even looking to up those targets to >15 by Wed, >50 by Thur,>100 by Sat. The point of the intermediate goals is to make space as early as possible to get new members early to help. I do say to let me know if you are going out of town or something but noone has yet. I am also a little more tolerant of names I recognize as being high scorers before or actively given lots of coins. Basically I try to be fair, but that also means being fair to the rest of the members that are trying to reach that highest goal and need active members to help.
          Welcome!!! This is the start of a topic for the Unicorn Cupcake clan to talk. First I want to thank you for being in the clan. Please let me know if I can do anything to improve the clan or ask any questions. Here are a key points: a) I will remove members if I see they aren't playing. My goal is to have every member score

Comment

Thank you. I've been booting those who don't do the Challenges. I may need to get more aggressive on that.

Comment

La La Land Club evaluated activity to ensure Active & Very Active players receive rewards, hearts to play longer and coins to level.
              If Activity is important to you, we have room for new members.​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X