Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from the Producer - September 2018

Welcome to the Animal Cove Community!

I’m thrilled you’ve landed on our island and I’m so looking forward to the time we’ll spend together and the many letters (full of juicy insider scoops) about the game.

Before we get into it, let me introduce myself: my name is Selena Hutchins and I’m the producer on Animal Cove. What does that mean exactly? Well, it means that no two days are the same! Most of my time is spent working with our design and art directors (hey Sean and Scott!) to brainstorm the features for our upcoming updates and working with the game team who brings those fun brainstorm ideas to life.

Click image for larger version  Name:	imgpsh_mobile_save.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	2298

Sometimes that means doing read-throughs of the scripts for the next update, everyone doing their best to use a fun accent for their character and other times that means putting out fires (bugs are really pesky) and sometimes it even means discussing which baby animal would be cuter for the next update (trick question: all of them!).

With all of that said – let’s talk about the update we released this week!

This installment takes us back to the food court – now that we know we’re not alone on the island, how do we figure out who is stealing our food. And more importantly… are they friends or foes? I’d say we definitely have some surprises in the story for you!

This update also includes 100 new levels – taking the game to a grand total of 400 levels. I just got past a particularly tough one today, and I’m at level 252. If you wanna, we can totally be friends. My in-game name is pretty predictable: Selena. I’ll send you hearts daily if we’re friends!

Click image for larger version  Name:	animal-cove-screen-courtyard.png Views:	1 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	2293

The team is hard at work on our next two updates – I’ll give you the scoop on those when we’re closer to the release date. This, after all, is the first of many letters to come!

In the meantime, introduce yourselves! Tell me your favourite thing about the game. What do you think of the story so far? Who is your favourite character? What’s your favourite baby animal? (Trick question again – they’re all equally the best!).

Or if you want to, tell me your biggest wish for a feature or your best character idea. I’m the producer, not the game designer, mind you, but let’s just say he sits a coconut’s throw away from my desk

Until next time,
    -Selena

P.S. That's Scott on the left and Sean on the right
    Last edited by Mobile Admin; September 13th, 2018, 03:04 PM.

Hey Selena! It’s nice to meet you.

Thanks for helping make this fantastic game! I’ve especially loved all the Spiral nods that Wizard101 and Pirate101 fans can appreciate. The story has been incredible. I always enjoy doing update recaps and theorycrafting on my blog. There are still a lot of mysteries that need answers though!

Can’t wait to see where the game goes from here.

P.S. ... your pictures aren’t working.
    (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
    Wizard101: Vanessa Mythdust
    ~
    _~ )_)_~
    )_))_))_)
    _!__!__!_
    \______t/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pirate101: Virtuous Vanessa

Comment

• selenahutchins
      selenahutchins commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Vanessa! I was just reading up on your Lost theory and you know, you may be onto something here... Maybe the LOST cast's island wasn't too far from ours!

We fixed the images! Let me know if you have any trouble with them now.

-Selena

• Vanessa Mythdust
      Vanessa Mythdust commented
      Editing a comment
      They’re working now!

Happy to hear you read my post! I know most of the connections are probably just coincidences, but man, it was cool to delve into.

Hi Selena! Can't thank you and the team enough for this awesome game. I've been pretty obsessed and that doesn't always happen to me with mobile games. The story, the difficulty of levels, the characters, and the cute baby animals... it is all just so much fun.

My name is Sophia and my user is SophiaLife in game. Favorite thing to me is the revealing of more and more of the story and finding out the mysteries of the island. I cannot wait for the next story update and to be able to play many more levels. It's hard for me to pick a favorite character due to the fact that there is so much to each one of them.

Looking forward for what is to come and hope the next update is soon!

Comment

• selenahutchins
      selenahutchins commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Sophia! You're so so kind and the team loved reading your feedback. It's one thing to make a game - and a whole 'nother to release it and see if others love it the way you do.

We've got a lot of great stuff in the next update. I'll make sure to add you today and sends you hearts!

Hello selena. For me the story am fave part, a island of magic and talking animals is super cool.

The story has lot of suprices. Like in the recent update finding out dez was a spy, it even more supricing to have hi move from friends to mystery animals, am curious to see were he gone, i image not swim away being a cat.

As for fave charaters...it really trickey, it a tie between wiston and Adonis. Wiston being the dog we spend the most tkme with, and Adonis for his chill like personality.

and baby animal...hard to pick.

when it comes to updates or things am hoping for. A awesome wolf charater. I LOVE WOLFS (if my icon wasnt a clue :3) so am hopeing for a wolf charater that hinted woth the light blue silouate icon to be like.
    1) someone who care about the animals he knows
    2) stronge big guy with a matching heart.

but overall i love the game and eager for more to come

Comment

• selenahutchins
      selenahutchins commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Blizzard! Spoiler.. there's definitely a wolf in our future

• Blizzard
      Blizzard commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, cant wait :3

Thanks for a fun game! I didn’t realize how much I’d be playing it - already at Level 400! Looking forward to the updates. Is there a way to pause the VIP status I bought while I wait?

Comment

Originally posted by Mare View Post
      Thanks for a fun game! I didn’t realize how much I’d be playing it - already at Level 400! Looking forward to the updates. Is there a way to pause the VIP status I bought while I wait?
      Hi Mare, glad you are having fun playing! What's your favorite part about the game so far?

Unfortunately there is no way currently to pause the VIP status, but we are looking at ways to better accommodate our VIP players here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobile Admin View Post

Hi Mare, glad you are having fun playing! What's your favorite part about the game so far?

Unfortunately there is no way currently to pause the VIP status, but we are looking at ways to better accommodate our VIP players here.
        I am enjoying the storyline. Different than most things I've played. And the puzzles are challenging but not too hard. Cute critters don't hurt, either.

Comment

Hi Selena - there is another thing in the game. Is it possible to change the animal costumes? I mean, Winston’s five gear is nice but since it’s the last one I bought he’s sort of stuck in it. And all the rest are in their purchased costumes without a way, that I can figure out, to even just go back to their original fur/skin.

Comment

• selenahutchins
            selenahutchins commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Mare! Welcome to the community. You can definitely change the outfits the animals are wearing. This is one of my favourite settings to mess with, as I love seeing them walking around in their different outfits. Tip! Sometimes the animals even make comments about each other's outfits...

1. In the bottom left hand corner, there are two icons - keys and a storybook. Select the storybook.
            2. This should open to the most left tab. If it does not, select the most left tab.
            3. Select the character you'd like to edit - in your case, Winston.
            4. Select any of the available outfits for him. The "basic" outfit is always the furthest left of all of the available options.

Hi Selena,

I am absolutely loving Animal Cove. Even when my lives run out, watching the interplay between the characters is so incredibly amusing. I laughed so hard at the conversation between Winston and Dez while waiting for the magic flowers to grow. Please, pass along my kudos to the writing staff. These little touches are what are going to keep me coming back for a long time.

Sincerely,

The Momstable
          (game name = Rhian Mariah)

Comment

Working...
          X