This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything You Need to Know About Baby Animals

Here at KingsIsle we love Baby Animals. In fact, we love them so much that we updated Animal Cove’s Baby Animal system and added a brand new Baby Animal Challenge! This update is pretty different from the Baby Animal events you’re used to seeing, so we’ve created this handy guide to all things Baby Animal! From our recent KingsIsle blog post:

Baby Animal Rescue Event

Baby Animal Rescue is a weekly event that you can play if you’ve reached level 45 in the game. Note that some baby animals, like Barry the bear, are only obtainable through Clubs.

rescue event.PNG

Completing each level in the event will award you one, two, or three tokens of the Baby Animal you’ll be rescuing. Once you reach 10 tokens, you’ll be able to rescue the Baby Animal if you’ve unlocked the biome that the Baby Animal lives in.

One important thing to note: getting all of the tokens doesn’t automatically rescue the Baby Animal. You’ll need to open the collectibles menu at the bottom left side of your screen.

collectables

Next, navigate to the Baby Animal tab. If you have a Baby Animal that’s eligible for rescue, the Baby Animal tab will have an exclamation point to notify you. The baby Animal that you can rescue will also have an exclamation point indicator by their icon.

Animal sets

Click the Baby Animal with the exclamation point by its icon. That will bring up this menu:

rescue

Hit the large green Rescue! Button and you’ll unlock the rescue cutscene for that Baby Animal. After that, you can find your Baby Animal wandering around in their associated biome.

You may have noticed that the Baby Animals are now grouped into sets. There are currently four sets of Baby Animals: the Farm Set, the Woodland Set, the Safari Set, and the Mythical Set. We’ll explain why that’s important later in this blog post when we dive deeper into the Baby Animal Challenge Event.

One important thing to note: each Baby Animal lives in a specific biome. If you haven’t unlocked that biome yet by playing through the story, your new Baby Animal won’t have anywhere to live! You can still earn tokens from the Baby Animal Rescue Event, but you won’t be able to actually rescue them until you unlock their biome.

Already rescued all the Baby Animals? You can still earn tokens during Rescue Events for the Baby Animals you’ve previously rescued that you can use to power them up!

Star Power

Powering up your Baby Animals gives you Star Power for that animal’s set. For example, I rescued Fluffy (the adorable kitten) during the last Rescue Event. As you can see, Fluffy’s got one star power:

fluffy

Star Power is what helps you unlock levels in the brand new Baby Animal Challenge. For more on that, read on!

The Baby Animal Challenge

When a new Baby Animal Challenge begins, you’ll see this icon on the left side of your screen if you’ve reached level 45 or higher:

baby animal challenge icon

When you click it, it will take you to the main Baby Animal Challenge screen:

Baby Animal challenge UI.PNG

At the top of the screen, you’ll see which challenge you have (Farm, Woodland, or Safari). Those little floating call outs tell you how much Star Power you need to play the level and how many Baby Animal Tokens you’ll earn when you complete the level.

level indicator.PNG

You may have noticed that some of the levels are greyed out. That means that I don’t have enough Star Power to play them since I’ve only got Fluffy and Fluffy only has one Star Power. Now, say I had two Baby Animals in the Farm Set (Fluffy and Billy), both with one Star Power each. I’d be able to access the first 4 levels of the Baby Animal Challenge, not just the first 3. If I powered up Fluffy to two Star Power and had Billy with one Star Power, I would have access to the first five Baby Animal Challenge levels.

Each Baby Animal Challenge has 15 levels in total for you to complete, and you can swipe left to scroll through them and see the rewards that await you in the later levels.

higher levels

If you don’t have enough star power to get all the way to level 15, don’t worry! It’s not a bug or a glitch. The more Baby Animals you rescue and power up in Rescue Events, the further you’ll be able to get in the new Challenge Event. As an added bonus, playing the Baby Animal Challenge levels reward you with tokens that you can use to increase your Star Power. The later levels reward you with special tokens to help you unlock a Mythical Baby Animal, so you’ll definitely want to play through all 15 levels!

Don’t want to wait until the next Rescue Event to be able to complete the Baby Animal Challenge? You can visit the Island Shop and purchase Baby Animal tokens to unlock the next levels.

Purchasing Baby Animal Tokens

During Baby Animal Rescue and Baby Animal Challenge events, there are new Token Bags available for purchase in the Island Shop.

Here are a few important things to note about these Token Bags:

All Token Bags are randomized. There is no guarantee that you will get the exact tokens that you need to increase your star power and unlock more levels of the Baby Animal Challenge.

The Small, Medium, and Large Token Bags will give you random tokens from all sets. That means you have the chance to get tokens for Baby Animals in the Farm, Woodland, AND Safari sets.

There are set-specific Token Bags available for purchase that will ONLY give you tokens for Baby Animals in that set. This is a great way to increase your chances at getting a specific Baby Animal’s token; however, these bags are also randomized. They do not guarantee you will get the exact tokens that you need to increase your star power and unlock more levels of the Baby Animal Challenge.

Mythical Baby Animals

Meet Twinkle Star, our first Mythical Baby Animal!

baby unicorn

Pretty cute right?

To unlock Twinkle Star, you can only earn tokens through the Baby Animal Challenge. Mythical Baby Animals will NOT appear in the Baby Animal Rescue Events. To power up these Mythical Baby Animals, you’ll need to earn a certain number of tokens AND rainbow crystals, a special new currency that you also earn by completing Baby Animal Challenge levels.

Phew! There are a lot of new aspects to the Baby Animal system and we hope that this makes things a bit clearer for you. What part of the new update are you most excited about?
    Last edited by Mobile Admin; February 20th, 2019, 09:45 AM.

Having read all the information here, what exactly do star powers do for the baby animals? What is the purpose?
    Daily player & heart giver! In-game name is MemawTammy .... Send me friend request in the game.

Comment

• Cinder131361
      Cinder131361 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tammy is MemawTammy your story name or your ID name? I would need your ID name to add you. : ). Story name,only you can see it.

the star power will increase the star power of that category which then open/enables higher level rewards during the animal events

Comment

So once you get 10 tokens, you can rescue an animal. Beyond that, the next amount of tokens is 25. Once you get 25 tokens, what can you do? I don't seem to be able to upgrade/add a star to that baby animal without paying 1250 coins, which I could do without the 25 tokens.

Comment

Billy Joe Bob, the 1250 coins will upgrade that baby animal (with 25 tokens) to a 2 star power level. in the shop you could also spend 1250 coins to get a 5 token pouch which will add 5 tokens to a random animal but does NOT upgrade that animals star power. You can continue to add tokens to an animal without upgrading its star power and have 26/25 or 28/25 or 32/25 etc.... and when you finally do spend the 1250 it will just subtract that 25 from the total (i.e. you don't lose those tokens). So for example you could have 25/25 tokens from both Oinkster (Farm set) and Fawkes (Woodland set) and wait to see if the next animal event will be for the Woodland or the Farm set and then boost the corresponding baby so you can play an extra level or two during that event and win even more tokens.
        Hope that helps.

Comment

• Cinder131361
          Cinder131361 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the info. which is clearer then most info, but one of my babies has 110/25 tokens. How many does an animal need to up grade the star power (stars)? Or they dont? I never see more then 1 star power for any of the babies. One of my babies has 110/25 tokens. What are the special tokens for if they don't upgrade the star power?
          Last edited by Cinder131361; December 30th, 2018, 11:13 AM.

Originally posted by esmee View Post
        Billy Joe Bob, the 1250 coins will upgrade that baby animal (with 25 tokens) to a 2 star power level. in the shop you could also spend 1250 coins to get a 5 token pouch which will add 5 tokens to a random animal but does NOT upgrade that animals star power. You can continue to add tokens to an animal without upgrading its star power and have 26/25 or 28/25 or 32/25 etc.... and when you finally do spend the 1250 it will just subtract that 25 from the total (i.e. you don't lose those tokens). So for example you could have 25/25 tokens from both Oinkster (Farm set) and Fawkes (Woodland set) and wait to see if the next animal event will be for the Woodland or the Farm set and then boost the corresponding baby so you can play an extra level or two during that event and win even more tokens.
        Hope that helps.
        An excellent explanation, thanks for sharing esmee!

Comment

Do the upgrades have to take so many coins, though? Couldn't your devs lower the cost just a little? 10,000 coins seem totally ridiculous for a 3 star upgrade, don't you think?
          Daily player & heart giver! In-game name is MemawTammy .... Send me friend request in the game.

Comment

• Lucky001
            Lucky001 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree 100%

• Cinder131361
            Cinder131361 commented
            Editing a comment
            Crazy amount agree 100%, and I never see more then 1 star power for any of the babies. One of my babies have 110/25 tokens. What are the special tokens for if they don't upgrade the star power?

Originally posted by MemawTammy View Post
          Do the upgrades have to take so many coins, though? Couldn't your devs lower the cost just a little? 10,000 coins seem totally ridiculous for a 3 star upgrade, don't you think?
          There's certainly adjustments here we can make, though we plan quite well in advance what the rates should be. Will take a look!

Comment

• Cinder131361
            Cinder131361 commented
            Editing a comment
            one of my babies Barry Bear has 110/25 tokens. How many does an animal need to up grade the star power (stars)? Or they dont? I never see more then 1 star power for any of the babies. One of my babies has 110/25 tokens. What are the special tokens for if they don't upgrade the star power? I spent the 1250, it went for Barry Bear. And still no second Star power (star) for Barry Bear 110/25.

@ Cinder131361 - If you have 110/25 tokens you can upgrade a couple of times (if you have enough coins). So first click on the book in the bottom left to open your inventory pop-up page. Then click the middle tab at the top (the baby play block) to get to the baby animal page of your inventory. You should see this:
          Animal sets
          Then click on the animal that you want to upgrade. You should then see this:

rescue

As you can see, you will have a full screen with the baby animal name at top, a picture of the animal on the left with the token progress just below it. On the right is an "About Me" section and below that is the "Star Power". Immediately below that should be a button that says "Power Up!" with the number of coins it will cost to power up. Cost are as follows:
          Star Power # tokens needed Upgrade Cost (coins)
          -> First Rescued (1 star) 10 tokens free
          1 star -> 2 Star 25 tokens 1250 coins
          2 star -> 3 Star 50 tokens 2500 coins
          3 star -> 4 Star 90 tokens 4500 coins
          4 star -> 5 Star 150 tokens 7500 coins
          If you don't have enough tokens then that button will be 'grayed out'. If you don't have enough coins that button might be grayed out or green but just not work, I don't recall.
          Last edited by esmee; January 20th, 2019, 03:38 PM. Reason: updated the 4 -> 5 star information

Comment

I have the tokens to upgrade my baby animals but never enough coins to upgrade their star power. Some levels get pretty hard to beat if you don't use your coins.

Comment

Working...
          X