Announcement

Collapse

Get Animal Cove on the App Store or Google Play!

You can download Animal Cove today on the App Store or Google Play. Have fun exploring the island and playing exciting new match-3 levels!
See more
See less

Letter from the Producer - Halloween Event & Winter Wonderland Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from the Producer - Halloween Event & Winter Wonderland Part 1

Greetings from chilly Winter Wonderland folks!

As promised, this is our second update for October. The team is so excited for you to see more of our story and what a beautiful place Winter Wonderland can be (after some fixin’, naturally).

Winter Wonderland

Click image for larger version  Name:	winterwonderland2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	172.6 KB ID:	2510

The story is back! Winter Wonderland is a place with so, so much potential. It just isn’t the same without some help from Harper, Winston and (of course!) you. We’re meeting a whole new cast of characters here – I can’t give too many spoilers here in case those of you reading aren’t all the way caught up yet! I will say though that I never knew otters could be such party animals.

Halloween Event

Click image for larger version  Name:	animalcove_halloween3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	2511

We thought it would be really fun to offer custom Halloween outfits and decorations! Winston and Amanda both have a spooky outfit, exclusive to this event, that you can earn and there are three different spooky Halloween decorations that you can affix to your house in the backyard. To play the event, all you have to do is use coins or buy the baby animal token bags! The event starts on Friday October 26th and runs until the stroke of midnight of October 31st.

I can guarantee that I’ll be getting that Winston outfit – it is now my new favourite (my old favourite was the detective one with the moustache!).

New Match 3 Mechanic

I love match 3 games because of how creative and diverse the mechanics are – there’s nothing like the feeling you get when you beat a really hard level or figure out the “trick” to a level. We’re introducing a new mechanic – called the meadow – starting on level 501. The objective is to spread the meadow to all of the tiles on the board. I love the way the beautiful flowers show up on the meadow as I cover the board. Do you like the mechanic as much as I do?

What do you think of this update? What’s your favourite thing about it? Tell me all about it!

Next Update

The next update is driven by your feedback! We have gotten an overwhelming amount of feedback about a social system – so that’s what the next update will focus on. And maybe, just maybe… there’ll be some more mythical animals… don’t tell anyone I told ya.

Back to work for me!

-Selena
    Last edited by Mobile Admin; October 25th, 2018, 07:30 PM.

Dat wolf doe. So mean looking i likey

Comment

• selenahutchins
      selenahutchins commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty in love with his flannel, that's for sure.

I really like the update! How many new levels are there?

Comment

• selenahutchins
      selenahutchins commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Sophia! I'm so so glad you like the update - we've released 50 new levels for this update! However, now that we have Infinity Mode - you can always keep playing levels, even when you're all caught up

Having problems updating.

Comment

• selenahutchins
      selenahutchins commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no! What's happening when you try to update?

I too am stuck with updating. After download I get message "Oops! Loading has encountered a problem. Please try again." When I click "OK" nothing changes Seems problem is fixed, thank you!
    Last edited by Amber LionSong; October 28th, 2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• selenahutchins
      selenahutchins commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Amber - I'm so sorry that you're having problems. Are you on an iOS device or Android? Can you tell me if you're signed in so your progress is saved?

I just wanted to post how disappointed I am in the Halloween event. There is no physical possible way to complete this event other than making a purchase. Not only a small purchase either but a massive one $200+ depending on starting coin totals when the event started.

I’ve played since the official launch day. Every day with the exception of one day I have logged in. Even before infinity mode was added I logged in to collect my daily reward and send lives to friends.

The total coins I have collected since the game launched has been under 30k. Many of which I spent on animal bags when they were introduced trying to progress further down the animal event tracks.

The top prize for the event is 250k. That is more than 8x what I have earned since the game started. Even if I tried to buckle down and earn the coins I would be hard pressed to even reach 8k before the end of the even to buy the first exclusive item.

With a base of only 20 coins per level + a random number based on left over moves and bombs. I’m lucky to earn a few hundred coins a day. Before I run out of lives.

Even now now I am hesitant to spend coins on an event when I need them later to level up my animals.

Please reconsider how you structure future events as I was not able to participate as I would have liked. These events are discouraging and make me lose interest in the game.

~Calamity

Comment

• Mobile Admin
      Mobile Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Calamity for the valuable feedback! We are continually working to improve access to areas, ensuring they are not too difficult than expected. We'll take your feedback into consideration here, as we really want you to enjoy the new features we put out without too many limits imposed upon them.

• Mare
      Mare commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree! I stopped trying for anything from the event because it was a ridiculous amount to spend or try to earn.

• Hydro
      Hydro commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too it would have been nice if it would have been for two weeks cause u have to be playing from the start with no stops till it ends n mabe you'll get to the costume. People have to sleep and work two.or go to school.

I am very disappointed after trying to update five times I finally was able to update without getting any error codes. Then once I updated I had to create a new user profile like I’ve never played that game before I’ve spent money on this game for boosters and that’s all been lost very disappointed Now if I’m to play the game again I will be starting from level one is there a way we can fix this?

Comment

• Mobile Admin
      Mobile Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      Our apologies about the update issues. Please email our team at animalcovehelp@kingsisle.com and we'll get the account and coins issue resolved. Thanks for your patience while we get this worked out with you!

Overall after doing the winter wonderland and halloween event i found them to be good.

The story was clever, few suprices to see a flamingo was a hunter. And I LOVE roland :3

thought i feel the halloween event wasnt as fun, to me it felt like you had to buy a massive amount of money tl get the outfits. I know the game free and there way for payment. But mabye if the level had a way to earn them. Like 100 for normal, 250 for hard and 500 for very hard.

but over all the updates good

Comment

• Hydro
      Hydro commented
      Editing a comment
      I really wanted to see the ski slop why did that disappear.

I refuse to purchase anything else from this game. It keeps talking about winter wonderland an I have yet seen it. The Halloween story was impossible to complete unless you spent money. Starting to dislike the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma View Post
      I refuse to purchase anything else from this game. It keeps talking about winter wonderland an I have yet seen it. The Halloween story was impossible to complete unless you spent money. Starting to dislike the game.
      Thank you Karma for playing Animal Cove! That is totally fine, you don't need to purchase anything if you don't want to! While the levels do increase in difficulty in many cases, you can eventually get past them without being forced to make a purchase.

The goal when we designed Animal Cove is to be as fun for as many people as possible. While we of course have to include these offers in order to support the game, we try to do so as little as possible.

Please let us know if you have any other feedback as you play, we appreciate receiving it!

Comment

How do I get winter wonderland update I'm on level 309 and getting nothing
        also re babies I got over 25 tokens for 3 and still can't get them

Comment

Originally posted by Cornishblade View Post
          How do I get winter wonderland update I'm on level 309 and getting nothing
          also re babies I got over 25 tokens for 3 and still can't get them
          Hi Cornishblade! Have you had a chat with Zora yet? That should get you into Winter Wonderland.

Here's a guide about the baby animals and tokens, as well as increasing star power: https://mobilegames.kingsisle.com/fo...t-baby-animals

Comment

Working...
          X